If you ever looked up smile transformations online to choose what you want to get, you might’ve encountered Porcelain Veneer transformations.
These look amazing and might be just what you want to transform your smile. But, what are Porcelain Veneers?
Here, we’ll answer some of the questions you could have in your mind regarding this dental treatment. What are Porcelain Veneers made of? What is the cost of Porcelain Veneers? We’ll answer these and other questions to give you as many details as you need.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a permanent procedure used to restore stained, chipped teeth. Any gaps or minor misalignments can also be improved. Porcelain Veneers are very thin porcelain or composite shells that can be bonded to the front surface of a damaged tooth, improving your smile’s appearance instantly.
You can get from six to eight veneers, depending on how damaged your teeth are or the desired smile you want to get.
Top 3 Types of Veneers You Can Choose From
Veneers can be made out of porcelain, zirconia, or composite resin material. To choose the best option, you can rely on your dentist’s advice. Every type of veneer has its own advantages, so make sure to discuss it with your dentist.
1.- Porcelain veneers
These are the most commonly used veneers. They have beautiful esthetics thanks to the porcelain material. Not only are they natural-looking, but they’re also strong and durable. For the Porcelain Veneers procedure, dentists need to remove a little bit of your enamel just so they can fit and bond correctly. Still, they guarantee an improved appearance and have great functionality.
2.- Composite veneers
Composite veneers are fabricated with tooth-colored resin. This material is also used for tooth bonding. The application process for this type of veneer is shorter and less invasive. Although these have a lower cost and can fix many aesthetic issues, composite veneers are more prompt to chip or damage, so you’ll likely have to replace them more often.
3.- No-prep veneers
This type of veneer is rather friendly to your tooth enamel. Their name comes from the fact that their application does not require lots of preparation. No-prep veneers are made out of a very thin porcelain laminate.
3 Reasons Why You Should Get Porcelain Veneers
When you’re looking to understand more about what are Porcelain Veneers, you must consider the advantages that come with them. At this point, it’s quite apparent that Porcelain Veneers can achieve a fantastic cosmetic transformation, but there are other aspects to them that you should have in mind:
- Say goodbye to stains: with all the foods and drinks like coffee, tea, or wine that you consume in your life, your teeth will eventually change color. Rather than white, they’ll turn into a yellowish or brownish color. Even though teeth whitening can help you regain that bright color again, your teeth can go back to yellow. However, with veneers, this is an issue that you can forget about. Porcelain Veneers are stainless and ensure that you have a white smile at all times (but still, don’t forget to brush them).
- Your dental issues are seamlessly repaired: If you struggle with any cracks, gaps, chips, or minor misalignment, Porcelain Veneers will fix pretty much all of them. They have the outstanding characteristic of covering imperfections. That’s why you’ll likely end up with a smile that you never imagined could be possible to have. Still, remember that you should follow your dentist’s advice on different orthodontic treatments for more severe teeth misalignment cases.
- Get strong teeth again: your teeth’ enamel is solid, and it’s what makes your teeth very resistant. But over the years, with brushing or acidic foods, the enamel can wear down and leave your teeth unprotected. Fortunately, veneers are a great way of enamel replacement and can help protect and strengthen your teeth.
Could You Be a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers? 3 Things to Consider
As with any other dental procedure, you should meet some criteria. Of course, you must consult with your dentist. They’ll examine your case and determine with more accuracy how possible veneers are for you. However, we’ll list down some of the aspects that’ll give you higher chances to get Porcelain Veneers:
- Have healthy gums and teeth. If you think this might not be your case, visit your dentist! Some dental problems can get fixed in order to install veneers for you.
- Don’t suffer from bruxism or teeth clenching. If you grind or clench your teeth, you might have to think twice about getting veneers as they could get damaged or break. Your dentist may suggest wearing a night mouth guard when sleeping to protect your teeth and veneers.
- You must understand that this dental treatment it’s not reversible. A portion of your enamel will have to be drilled down, and it cannot grow back again. Of course, dentists always look to save as much of the natural tooth as possible, but you should still be prepared to accept this aspect of veneers.
Now, if you still have doubts and are not super confident you could qualify, just visit your Tijuana dentist. Remember, it’s always essential to hear a professional’s opinion to know where we stand.
Dentists at Tijuana can connect you with only the best dentists in Tijuana. Why spend thousands of dollars when you have a chance to access cosmetic dentistry at an affordable cost?
Dental offices in Tijuana have highly skilled and equipped dentists to make your Hollywood smile a reality. Make sure to book with a reliable dentist and avoid unpleasant experiences. We are here for you at any time.
How Much Are Porcelain Veneers in Tijuana?
Veneers’ costs can vary depending on the material they’re fabricated with. However, you can still find yourself saving thousands of dollars by choosing dental tourism.
In the U.S, veneers can be around $2,500 per tooth. If you were to replace eight teeth of your smile, you could pay up to $15,000.
Since getting veneers is considered a cosmetic treatment, many insurances do not cover its expenses.
Many patients have to prove their quality of life will improve if they get veneers, so their insurance company helps them cover the cost. Call your insurance or visit their website to get informed on how it works with them.
By opting for dental tourism, you can save yourself from the struggle of finding an affordable skilled dentist that can perform this procedure for you.
Dental offices in Tijuana, like Trust Dental Care, can even take care of your transportation and offer you complimentary one-on-one with professionals to consult your concerns and solve any questions you have.
Besides, the cost of veneers starts at $299 per tooth. But what about the results? You may ask.
Well, affordable dental work doesn’t mean cheap results. You can check out and ask as many questions as you have to see for yourself the facility’s quality standard.
Most dental offices in Tijuana have state-of-the-art technology and experienced dentists that ensure the same if not better results you would get in an American dental office.
Call us today to get to know more about dental tourism and the amazing benefits it can bring to your smile and finances. We’ll connect you with a professional to review your case and find out if veneers are a good option for you.